First things first: Edit
- Read the Core Rulebook and get a good grasp on the rules of the Archetype you want to play. You may purchase the PDF from DrivethruRPG.
- Ask questions! Magic and Matrix rules are weird and sometimes hard to understand, even for veterans.
- Make a character using a generator such as Chummer5 or HeroLab and submit them for review (and hopefully approval) in the 'Hub's Char gensubreddit.
- Once you have the sheethead seal of approval, head on over to RunnerHub and apply for a job.
- Read The Story So Far. It's an in-character summary of much of the Canon of RunnerHub, and will get you caught up and give you an idea what the Ministry of Media does for the 'Hub.
Where to go from there: Edit
Well from then on, you just apply to jobs and have some fun! Keep in mind you have to think of your character as an actual person, with actual feelings. If he starts killing innocents you should play him in whatever way you feel they would react. Another thing to keep in mind, is that this is an interconnected world. If you start blowing up skyscrapers, it's going to make things harder for other runners in other runs. Might make a few of them mad too. Lastly, we are still a community of table top gamers; we've just brought the table top to the online world.
If you want to check out more of the Runnerhub Wiki, click on the link at the top of the page, or on the big link at the bottom. Or, you can click here to find out how to start playing Shadowrun with us online. Of course, you can also click here to learn what Runnerhub is.