First things first.
By now, you know some of what Shadowrun is. (If you need a refresher on the official Shadowrun setting, the snapshot of the Shadowrun setting used on the 'Hub, or the RunnerHub Story So Far, take a few minutes. We'll still be here.) You're hopped up on Bliss, got your dice, cracked a book,and ready to play. Right?
Perhaps you've already checked out some of the streams of the games. Maybe you've visited /r/HubCharGen, the character approval subreddit for Runnerhub. So you know that there's some requirements, and some preferences. If you don't know what those are, relax. That's why we're here now. Some of this information is brand new, and some is also found in the following locations. (Trust me, you'll want these pages.)
- Getting Started Section: a collection of page links necessary to start creating characters.
- Best Practices on character creation: Guided steps on getting playable characters through /r/HubChargen.
If you're ready to start tackling the requirements to play online with the rest of the inmates, then boot up your cyberdeck or plug in your 'trodes, and hop onto the Matrix. (Don't worry about an overwatch score for the time being.)
Outlining the steps ahead.
If you're already familiar with some of the areas, here's the full list of the sections we'll cover. If this is your first visit, it's recommended to start at the beginning. Even if you already have some Shadowrun experience.
- Step One: Getting connected to it all
- Step Two: Getting it down on paper
- Step Three: Backup your files
- Step Four: Find a seat
- Step Five: Load your persona
- Step Six: Multitasking
- Step Seven: Tips and Tricks
- Gamers Giving Back
- After Action Reports
- Continue the Story
- Talk Amongst Yourselves